So you're taking the SAT tomorrow. Here's what you need to know.
What to (and what not to) bring:
- Your admission ticket: You will not be admitted without this, so make sure you print it out
- A good photo ID: The list of acceptable photo IDs is at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/taking-the-test/id-requirements. Please review this, as many types of ID are not acceptable.
- At least 2 (ideally at least 4) #2 pencils: Remember, any other writing instruments (pens, highlighters, liquid pencil, etc.) are not allowed.
- A good eraser
- A handheld (non-electric) pencil sharpener
- An acceptable calculator with fresh batteries: Acceptable calculators include scientific and graphing calculators, but not the calculator on your phone, tablet, or computer. For a detailed list, see https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/taking-the-test/calculator-policy.
- Extra batteries for the calculator (you'll have to ask for permission to access them during the test)
- An epi-pen if you need one.
- Other materials/medications if approved based on accommodations. For more information, see the policy on accommodations.
- A watch (not a connected watch like an iWatch: just a simple Casio/Timex) with no audible alarms.
- Healthy snacks (like nuts or cut up apples or a nutrition bar) for the breaks
- A water bottle filled with water
- COVID Precautions: Take any precautions the test center requires, and bring protective masks if you feel they are needed.
What Not to Bring:
- The College Board has a list: read it
- Leave your phone at home or in the car! If you're caught with a phone, the College Board might invalidate your test
- Don't study until the last minute.
- Get to bed early (before 10 PM) and get a good night's sleep.
- Eat a healthy dinner
- Make sure you know where your test is, and map out how long it will take to get there. Allow extra time since sometimes the entrances are different on weekends and there may be traffic
- Set your alarm for tomorrow
- Wake up early
- Eat a healthy breakfast (not Froot loops: something with protein to keep you fueled for the long test)
- Make sure you leave on time